- We are currently offering the booster vaccine – The CDC recently made recommendations for booster doses for the following people who received the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine six months after receiving their second dose:
- people who are 65 or older, or
- people who live in a long-term care facility, or
- people 18 and older with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, or
- people who live or work in a setting that puts them at a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19, such as healthcare workers and teachers.
The CDC also recommends anyone ages 18 and older who received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine get a booster dose at least 2 months after they had their initial dose.
- The CDC recommendation also allows mixing-and-matching of COVID-19 vaccines. This authorization means people can receive a different type of booster vaccine than the type of vaccine they originally received.