Welcome to TriCounty Health Department WIC Program

Here are some things to review before your appointment

The Women, Infants and Children Nutrition program serves pregnant women, non- breastfeeding postpartum women (for 6 months), breastfeeding women (1 year), and infants and children from birth to 5.

WIC is a supplemental nutrition program that helps to supply healthy foods to participants who qualify based on their income. We offer nutrition education, community referrals, and breastfeeding support.

The purpose of this Pre-Certification packet is to allow you to familiarize yourself with the program before you come into our clinic. It will save you time and answer some simple questions you may have. This helps us spend more time assisting you when you are here for your appointment.


Review the authorized food booklet and informational video that explains how to use your WIC benefits.



Read your Rights and Responsibilities as a WIC participant. You will also receive a copy of these in your WIC Packet.



Remember to bring the following items or a photo of these items on your phone. Without them, we will not be able to complete the certification process.

  • Proof of identity for yourself and each child to be certified,such as a Driver License, Medicaid Card, Birth Certificate, or Passport. If you cannot bring one of these forms of ID, the clinic can explain other acceptable forms if ID.
  • Proof of address, such as a current utility bill with a street address (no P.O. boxes), or bring a rent or mortgage receipt. This is to verify you live in Utah and within the county served by the clinic.
  • Proof of income for each household member who works. You must bring documentation such as check stubs showing your income for the last 30 days. If you receive Medicaid you may bring your Medicaid card as proof of income. You may also bring a letter from Workforce Services showing the amount you receive in SNAP benefits or the Family Employment Program.
    • If you are employed, bring your most recent pay stubs. If paid weekly, bring four pay stubs. If paid every two weeks or twice a month, bring two pay stubs.
    • If your income is seasonal or fluctuates throughout the year; or if you are self employed, you may bring your most recent tax return.