If you have diabetes, come to the Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD) Conference in Salt Lake City on April 8th.
Take control of your diabetes and join us for a day that will ignite motivation for change, offer hope, provide invaluable education, and change the life of anyone who has diabetes.
What makes a TCOYD conference special?
Dr. Steve Edelman, Founder and Director of the not-for-profit TCOYD, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 15 and has lived well with the disease for over four decades.
Dr. Edelman’s mission is to educate, empower and inspire people just like him. Dr. Edelman has never allowed diabetes to define his life. Instead, he spends his life defining a new way to teach individuals how to live healthy and happy lives with diabetes.
This is a national conference that only appears in select cities across the nation each year. It is an all day conference with presentations for those with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
- Where: Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City
- When: Saturday, April 8th
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
If you would like to attend, but may not be able to due to finances or transportation, then apply for one of the scholarships sponsored by TriCounty Health Department and Uintah Basin Healthcare. Spots are limited, apply today!
- The deadline to apply has been extended to March 22th.
*If you applied before the 12th you will still be notified by March 15th.*
*If you apply after the 12th, you will be notified by Friday, March 24th.*
- Transportation will be provided by Wilkins Bus Lines
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided
- You will receive reimbursement for the registration fee
- You will be notified by March 15th if you have been selected to receive the scholarship
- The bus will leave the Vernal health department by 4:30 a.m. and will leave the Roosevelt health department by 5:30 a.m.
- If the participant is a minor, then one parent may attend with them
- A spouse or significant other will be able to attend as well
For more information and to register, visit, TCOYD Salt Lake City
Watch this video to see what, A Day At A TCOYD Conference & Health Fair, looks like:
If you have any questions, please contact: Ferron Young